Servicing todayâ€™s complex braking systems is serious business. It takes the right people AND the right tools to get the job done right the first time. And no one has more experience in quality brake lathe service tools than AMMCOÂ®. As a leading manufacturer of brake lathes and tools, AMMCOÂ® has enjoyed a reputation for quality and reliability since its founding in 1922. In fact, there are more AMMCOÂ® brake lathes in service than all other brands combined. And with AMMCOâ€™sÂ® wide selection of lathes, adapters and benches, you can custom-build a profit center thatâ€™s as unique as your shop.
AMMCO Combination Brake Lathes
With several models to fit your needs, Ammco Combination Brake Lathes support both rotors or drums and feature a variety of finishing and speed options.
AMMCO Disk-Only/Drum-Only Brake Lathes
Dedicated Disk or Drum Lathes for the busiest shops, allowing the machining of both rotors and drums simultaneously to save time.
AMMCO Brake Lathe Adapter Kits
Choose one of several different brake lathe adapter kits. Options include a variety of cone-based or chuck-based kits to fit your shop's unique needs.
AMMCO Brake Lathe Benches
Last but not least, choose from several brake lathe bench, cabinet and storage options. Designed for any AMMCO Brake Lathe
Common Features Found in AMMCOÂ® Combination and Drum Brake Lathe Models
- Forged alloy steel arbor â€“ Two tapered mounting surfaces add stability and handle up to 100 pounds standard, upgradeable to 200 pounds.
- Rigid 44-pound spindle has the strength for long-term precision and durability, even with larger loads; helps to deaden vibration.
- Patented floating spindle design â€“ Extra-large bronze bearings reduce pressure and wear; larger drive gear adds life.
- Oil lubrication â€“ Lathes are constantly self-lubricating during operation for extremely long life, lower maintenance and lower cost of ownership.
- Micrometer-precise depth-of-cut dials embossed in metal and calibrated in both thousandths of an inch and tenths of a millimeter; easy reset to zero.
- Adjustable lamp illuminates work area for easy inspection.